Friday, March 10, 2006

what the hell kind of weather is this?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this is NOT the kind of weather that I pay good money for! Living in California is damned expensive and I want my money's worth. Rain, I can handle. I even like it most of the time, as long as I don't have to drive in it. (I'm scarred for life after seeing an out of control pickup spin toward my friend's minivan with her kids inside. She was pregnant and pissed off at the driver, but I was stunned into silence the rest of the day). But cold? No. I don't do it. I've never experienced things like "sleet" or "freezing rain". God help me if I ever encounter "slush". I don't "do" things like long sleeves and layering. I don't own a "winter coat" (yes I'm doing that "thing" with my fingers too) or "long underwear". I had to pull out the down comforter last night and I've recruited every blanket we own for tonight.

I just have to tell all 10 of my readers that my husband is, at this very moment, fully engrossed in High School Musical or whatever movie is on repeat on the Disney Channel lately. I keep looking over to see if he's fallen asleep yet, but no. He's totally into it. Geek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I totally forgot about that. Was I pregnant? Oh must've... since we got the van after the boy was born. Scary shite I must say! Hormones of pregnancy made it go away LOL!