Thursday, May 11, 2006

good stuff

In all the crap that's gone on in the past few weeks (which most of you are privy to) it's been called to my attention that I need to spend more time being positive. Thinking positive thoughts, focusing on positive things in my life, even when they seem like they are few and far between. Today was indeed a good day. Not consistently good, but big things happened to people I love and I made what would seem like small strides to other people, but are actually huge strides to me. So I'm gonna list 'em. I know this is a HUGE change from the Laura most of you know, so you can like it or lump it.

  • My wonderful friend Lisa won a chance to be on the California State Lottery's Big Spin! She really gets to spin the wheel! Really! I couldn't think of a more deserving person for this to happen to. It's the magic that her life has needed for so long.
  • My brother had a phone interview with a company that he's always wanted to work for. Y'all know which company I'm sure, but I don't want to jinx it. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, even though I know that this is his time for the good things to start happening. I know this is finally IT for him.

on to me...

  • I got the financial aid ball rolling to enroll for Fall 2006. I also decided on a major.
  • I called my doctor for a new (read: higher dosage) prescription for my vitamin Z.
  • Josh and I (okay, mostly Josh) kicked ass and weeded the whole backyard.
  • I've been blessed by the continued friendship of someone who has been in my life for what seems like all of our lives, and now our daughters are friends. I am beyond grateful for their whole family, their giving nature, their trust and honesty and their continued willingness and desire to help us. Thank you all.

No comments: