Tuesday, March 15, 2005

picture day disaster

Today was picture day at Claire's preschool. It's "Mommy & Me", so we've been going together since she was about 18 months old. I thought that for sure she'd be ready for pictures at age 4. She's been excited about it for weeks. She showed off her picture day smile. She picked out an outfit and made sure I washed it and ironed it in time. Sounds good, right?

I couldn't have been more wrong.

It was a COMPLETE disaster. One look at the photographer and she burst into tears. Became velcro girl. Cried, cried, cried and cried some more. She wouldn't even take a picture sitting on my lap AND cried through the class picture, in which I was holding her. Unbelievable. Actually, it's not unbelievable...it's so typically Claire.

I'm so angry, frustrated and disappointed. I know there will be more picture taking opportunities and that I shouldn't be angry. So here are some sweet pictures of that nice Clairey girl on better days.

No comments: