Friday, August 17, 2007

bits & pieces

of the last week or two:

-we met the new principal. It seems that there may be hope for this one yet!

-we love it when Mia says her name: Mindy. It goes like this.

us: Mia, say your name!
m: Mindy! with a big cheesy grin
us: no, say MEEEEEEE
m: meeeeeee
us: now say aaaahhhhh
m: aaaahhhhh
us: good! now say meeeee-aaaahhhh
m: MIN-DEEE!

-I finally finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I was very hesitant to read it because I'd heard that a lot of characters die in it. I read the prologue and just those two quotes made me cry and I had to put the book down for a week until I was brave enough to try again. I managed to not cry for the rest of the book but I will admit to being a little choked up at parts toward the end. Otherwise, it was kind of predictable, but I still loved it.

-Josh starts work with one of those new singing game shows next week. Best of all? He'll only be in Studio City! (not that it's any consolation to Josh, who still has to commute in traffic, his favorite thing in all the world)

-We no longer qualify for Healthy Families or free/reduced lunches at school, by a very small amount. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement.

No comments: