Wednesday, May 25, 2005

this-n-that

Happy Birthday to my Grammy, who is 85 today!

Welcome to the world Camaili Xeris (Kuh-mai-lee Cee-reese) who arrived less than 2 hours ago. She weighs 7 pounds, 10 ounces and is 19.5 inches long. Congrats to Jannette, Peter, PJ and Viani!

And Jannette - I TOLD YOU IT WAS A GIRL!!!
I finished reading Good Grief today. I about cried through the whole book. Between the book's subject matter (a young widow) and just getting my husband back after two weeks, it hit pretty close to home. I don't remember being more grateful for my wonderful, sweet husband who is also my best friend. To have him home to warm my feet in bed or his strong hands to hold is a gift I'll never stop thanking the universe for. That we've found each other is a miracle. I don't ever want to be without him.
Meanwhile, manipulation runs rampant with The Neighbors. Suddenly because I had to back out of doctor appointment duty due to Kaylie being sick - AGAIN (but that's another story) - I'm undependable, ungrateful and worthless. She doesn't realize how thinly her spite is veiled and how even if it were better hidden, I would still be able to hear it. I'm familiar with contempt, especially coming from her. But no, I took my sick kid who stayed home from school to the doctor and she had to end up taking her own mother to a later, re-scheduled appointment. Oh, the horror. I was responsible for my shit, she was responsible for hers. What-thefuck-EVER.
So the girls had their physicals Monday and all measures up well. The most exciting thing is that Kaylie is now on a regimen of Singulair, Flonase and albuterol for pre-exercise. I'm really hopeful that this will all work out for her and we won't have any more of these nightmare allergy attacks. Claire is slightly anemic and needs to take vitamins, but has so far refused. Kaylie also still needs a fiber supplement, but has refused those too. So tomorrow we call the doctor for a prescription for Miralax for Kaylie and liquid vitamins for Claire.

No comments: