Wednesday, October 12, 2005

eight

There she is, my sweet birthday girl. She turned eight years old today. Eight years ago I gave birth for the first time. Eight years ago I met my sweet dream baby girl Kaylie. I can hardly believe that she's made it all these eight years without me standing over her and watching her breathe. Oh, of course I still do it, but I let longer stretches go in between. Like days instead of minutes. If you have kids, you can't say you don't know what I'm talking about.

We started off the day with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, candles and present opening. Kaylie loved her boots. Loved the other shoes. Was so excited that....her stomach started to hurt She needed to go potty before we left for school so I told her to take her time. Then I went to check on her and she was puking on the floor. Somatoform disorder, anyone? Like mother, like daughter, yes? So I kept her home from school. She made sure we picked up her homework after school, went to Sunshine Generation practice and got fancy for the Birthday Dinner, which was at BJ's this year. Nani and Paul joined us. Nani gave Kaylie a pair of opal earrings and Paul gave her the new Hilary Duff CD. Oh, but best of all was the Pizookie! YUM!

No comments: